The Government of Canada is working hard to enhance the role of Parliament and the proactive disclosure of information so that Canadians are better able to hold Parliament, their Government, and public sector officials to account.
To this end, the government announced the mandatory publication on departmental Web sites of:
- travel and hospitality expenses for selected government officials;
- contracts entered into by the Government of Canada for amounts worth more than $10,000 (with only limited exceptions such as national security);
- the reclassification of positions;
- the disclosure of grants and contributions for amounts worth more than $25,000 (with limited exceptions similar to those applying to contracts); and
- the disclosure of information on founded wrongdoing.
The following reports are available: