Location: Embassy of Canada, Kabul, Afghanistan
Salary: $16,097 US per annum (non-negotiable)
Closing Date: May 11, 2016 at 16:00
Employment: Indeterminate (full time)
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
- All employees of the Embassy of Canada in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Individuals who are eligible to work in Afghanistan
All applicants must:
- Meet all of the Mandatory Qualifications stated below
Education: 12th class graduation
Language: Fluency in English and Dari (oral, reading, writing)
Experience: Minimum 3 years (within the past 7 years) of recent experience in:
- Working in an international organization and following standard office procedures
- Working in a sector relevant to the position
- Working with a range of computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of storage and warehouse facilities including inventory formats.
- Knowledge of the procurement and distribution of office supplies.
- Knowledge of the maintenance of materials including furnishings for permanent and temporary lodgings.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships within a team, with clients and with external partners
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English and Dari
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to maintain inventory systems
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Client Service Focus
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Planning / organizational skills
- Available to work overtime (at times including weekends)
Summary: Under the supervision of the LES Material Management Specialist, manages all Embassy storage and warehouse facilities; manages the stock of office supplies and fills requests for office supplies; assists in the preparation of Staff Quarters for Canada Based Staff on arrival and departure as well as temporary lodging for visitors; assists with purchasing of equipment and supplies; and performs other duties as required.
All applications will be carefully reviewed against the Mandatory Qualifications of the job announcement.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, including: a personal interview with a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant’s knowledge, abilities and personal suitability for the position. In addition, tests may be conducted to assist the selection board in assessing the applicant’s qualifications, skills and language ability. Reference verifications shall be conducted as part of the hiring process.
The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list to staff similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Kabul, Afghanistan which may arise in the twelve (12) months following the completion of this competition.
Conditions of Employment (must be met):
The appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to a Reliability Check (RC) obtained by the Management. To conduct the Reliability Check (RC), the candidate will have to submit the following documents on being selected by the mission.
- Police clearance certificate
- Professional and educational certificates
How to apply:
Send your CV, with a covering letter, to clearly indicate how you meet the Mandatory Qualifications to email@example.com by the closing date of May 11, 2016 at 16:00. Failure to do so will result in the rejection of your application.
Only applications received at the above email address before the final date of submission and time will be considered. Hard copy applications will not be accepted at the Embassy.
- Date Modified: