Minister Baird was in Asunción, Paraguay, from June 3 to 5, 2014, where he led Canada’s delegation at the General Assembly of the Organization of American States (OAS).
The Americas: Our Neighbours, Our Priority
Baird and his Panamanian counterpart, had a successful meeting to discuss bilateral and hemispheric topics of interest. This month marks the first anniversary of the Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement.
PM Harper together with the President of the Republic of Peru, announced two initiatives that will bolster defence and security relations between Canada and Peru.
Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement reflects Canada’s ambitious pro-trade plan to create jobs and provide Canadian exporters with a competitive edge.
- 1 - Minister Baird Leads Canada’s Delegation at the General Assembly of the OAS
- 2 - Baird Meets with Uruguayan Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 3 - Baird Meets with Foreign Minister of Panama
- 4 - PM announces initiatives to strengthen Canada-Peru defence and security relations
- 5 - Minister Fast Marks First Anniversary of Canada-Panama Free Trade Agreement
In 2007, Prime Minister Harper announced that reviving and expanding Canadian political and economic engagement in the Americas is a major foreign policy goal. Canada is a country of the Americas and as such we place great value in Canada’s relationships with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Canada's engagement in the hemisphere has never been stronger, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to play a bigger role in the Americas and to do so for the long term.
With a vision of a more prosperous, secure and democratic hemisphere, Canada is working with global, regional and local partners towards three goals of:
- More news...
- Date Modified: