The Americas: Our Neighbours, Our Priority
- 1 - Parliamentary Secretary Brown Attends Event Commemorating 20th Anniversary of the Summit of the Americas
- 2 - Canada delivers its National Statement at the 20th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- 3 - Minister Aglukkaq highlights importance of traditional knowledge
- 4 - PM announces Governor General’s state visits to Chile and Colombia
- 5 - Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- 6 - Haiti: After the Earthquake
In 2007, Prime Minister Harper announced that reviving and expanding Canadian political and economic engagement in the Americas is a major foreign policy goal. Canada is a country of the Americas and as such we place great value in Canada’s relationships with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Canada's engagement in the hemisphere has never been stronger, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to play a bigger role in the Americas and to do so for the long term.
With a vision of a more prosperous, secure and democratic hemisphere, Canada is working with global, regional and local partners towards three goals of:
2014-12-17 - Baird Meets with UN Secretary-General
2014-12-01 - Canadian Extractive Expertise in Ecuador
- More news...
- Date Modified: