Canada and the Americas
- 1 - Minister Paradis Launches Call for Proposals to Foster Sustainable Economic Growth in Honduras
- 2 - PM Announces New Canadian Initiatives in the Americas
- 3 - Harper Government Announces Modernization of Free Trade Agreement with Chile
- 4 - Young Canadian Martina Buchal at the Young Americas Forum TIC Americas International Expo
- 5 - PM to attend the Seventh Summit of the Americas in Panama City, Panama
- 6 - 25th anniversary of Canada’s membership in the OAS
Canada is a country of the Americas and, as such, we place great value in fostering lasting and meaningful relationships with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. More than 40 federal partners are advancing the three goals and 16 objectives of Canada’s Strategy for Engagement in the Americas. Canada’s whole-of-government approach envisions a more prosperous, secure and democratic hemisphere.
A sample of the many successful projects and activities undertaken by the Government of Canada in the Americas.
Increasing Canadian and hemispheric economic opportunity
Latin America and the Caribbean is an economically dynamic region that is experiencing significant economic growth. Increasing commercial and investment ties with the region is supporting and enhancing prosperity and sustainable growth in the Americas. For more information, please see Increasing Canadian and hemispheric economic opportunity.
Addressing insecurity and advancing freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law
Canada is concerned with increasing insecurity in many parts of the Americas and its negative effects on citizens in the region. Insecurity in the Americas threatens stability, democracy and prosperity in the hemisphere and at the same time has a direct impact on Canadians. For more information, please see Addressing insecurity and advancing freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law.
Fostering Lasting Relationships
Canada places great value on building and nurturing relationships with partners in the Americas. People-to-people relationships across government, the private sector, civil society and academia are fundamental to achieving long-term results. For more information, please see Fostering Lasting Relationships.
2015-04-11 - PM concludes successful Summit of the Americas
- More news...
- Young Canadian Martina Buchal at the Young Americas Forum TIC Americas International Expo
- Minister Yelich Visits International Development Research Centre’s Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean
- Minister Yelich Meets Honduran Foreign Affairs Minister
- Minister Fast Welcomes MOU Signing with Dominican Republic
- Date Modified: