Canada is a lead donor to the Mission to Support the Peace Process in Colombia. The contribution announced builds on previous contributions totalling $8.6 million and will allow the mission to continue its work on key areas of Colombia’s peace process.
The Americas: Our Neighbours, Our Priority
Andean countries are rich in mineral resources. Governments, businesses and communities alike are challenged to find ways to turn mineral wealth into development and prosperity, especially for indigenous communities.
In his first international trip since being appointed Minister of International Development and Minister for La Francophonie, the Honourable Christian Paradis visited Haiti to see first-hand what progress has been made and what development challenges remain.
Minister Paradis, met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Guatemala. At the meeting, they discussed increased cooperation between the two countries on a variety of issues.
Canada and Colombia enjoy a multi-faceted and growing bilateral relationship that has shown increased engagement since August 2011, when the Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement (FTA) came into force.
- 1 - Canada Strengthens Peace Process in Colombia
- 2 - Responsible Resource Management : Engaging communities, Building Trust
- 3 - Minister Paradis visits Haiti to assess progress and challenges
- 4 - Canada working with Guatemala to improve food security and reduce chronic malnutrition
- 5 - Minister Fast Welcomes Success of Canadian Financial Services Sector in Colombia
In 2007, Prime Minister Harper announced that reviving and expanding Canadian political and economic engagement in the Americas is a major foreign policy goal. Canada is a country of the Americas and as such we place great value in Canada’s relationships with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Canada's engagement in the hemisphere has never been stronger, and we remain steadfast in our commitment to play a bigger role in the Americas and to do so for the long term.
With a vision of a more prosperous, secure and democratic hemisphere, Canada is working with global, regional and local partners towards three goals of:
- 2013-11-05 - Minister Fast Signs Canada-Honduras Free Trade Agreement as Canada Secures Full Market Access for Beef and Pork
- 2013-10-28 - Parliamentary Secretary O’Toole Highlights Strong Trade and Education Ties with Brazil
- 2013-10-24 - Minister Fast Welcomes Success of Canadian Financial Services Sector in Colombia
- 2013-10-24 - Canada working with Guatemala to improve food security and reduce chronic malnutrition
- 2013-09-30 - Harper Government Expands and Modernizes Free Trade Agreement with Chile
- 2013-08-28 - Minister Paradis visits Haiti to assess progress and challenges
- 2013-08-15 - Minister Fast Marks Second Anniversary of Canada-Colombia Free Trade Agreement
- 2013-08-09 - Baird Wraps Up Successful Trip to Latin America
- 2013-08-08 - Joint Statement by Foreign Affairs Minister Baird and Brazilian Minister of External Relations Patriota
- 2013-08-05 - Canada Supports Democracy in Paraguay
- 2013-08-02 - Baird Announces Joint Anti-Crime Initiative with Chile
- 2013-08-01 - Canada Enhances Security in Colombia
- 2013-08-01 - Canada Supports Colombians Affected by Conflict
- 2013-07-26 - Baird Returns to Latin America
- 2013-06-03 - Minister Ablonczy Announces Canadian Support to Boost Security in Guatemala
- 2013-06-02 - Minister Ablonczy to Attend OAS General Assembly in Guatemala
- 2013-05-31 - Reducing Risks for Canadians Travelling to Hurricane Regions
- 2013-05-22 - Canada-Peru Statement
- 2013-05-22 - Canada strengthens defence and security ties with Peru
- 2013-05-22 - Prime Minister announces support for development and sustainable economic growth in Peru
- 2013-04-22 - Minister Ablonczy Issues Statement on Paraguay’s Presidential Election
- 2013-04-17 - Canada Congratulates Venezuelans, Calls for Calm and Peaceful Resolution
- 2013-08-08 - Baird Attends Opening of New Office of Consulate General of Canada in Rio de Janeiro
- 2013-08-08 - Baird Attends Launch of BlackBerry Tech Centre in Rio de Janeiro
- 2013-08-07 - Baird Meets with Uruguayan Vice-President
- 2013-08-07 - Baird Meets with Uruguayan Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 2013-08-07 - Baird Visits Mennonite Community in Paraguay
- 2013-08-07 - Baird Holds Bilateral Talks with Uruguayan President
- 2013-08-06 - Baird Highlights Canada’s Strengthened Relations with Paraguay
- 2013-08-06 - Baird Meets with President-Elect of Paraguay
- 2013-08-02 - Baird Meets Chilean President
- 2013-08-02 - Baird Meets with Chilean Counterpart
- 2013-08-01 - Minister Baird Visits Centre for Memory, Peace and Reconciliation in Colombia
- 2013-07-30 - Baird Meets with Costa Rican President to Discuss Security Cooperation
- 2013-07-30 - Baird Meets with Costa Rican Counterpart to Discuss Economic Relations
- 2013-07-29 - Minister Baird Meets Nicaragua’s Foreign Affairs Minister to Discuss Development Cooperation and Other Bilateral and Regional Issues
- 2013-07-29 - Minister Baird Meets Head of Nicaragua’s National Police to Discuss Security in Hemisphere
- 2013-07-29 - Minister Baird Meets with Nicaraguan Vice-President to Discuss Economic Relations and Other Bilateral and Regional Issues
- 2013-06-19 - Minister MacKay Announce Increased Support to UN Mission in Haiti
- 2013-05-23 - Prime Minister Stephen Harper meets with Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia, during the Pacific Alliance Leaders' Summit
- 2013-05-22 - Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Ollanta Humala Tasso, President of the Republic of Peru, conclude a joint media availability at Government Palace
- 2013-05-22 - Prime Minister Stephen Harper participates in an expanded meeting with Ollanta Humala Tasso, President of the Republic of Peru, at Government Palace
- 2013-05-22 - Prime Minister Stephen Harper participates in a business roundtable along with Patricia Fortier, Ambassador for Canada to Peru, and Diane Ablonczy, Minister of State (Foreign Affairs)
- Date Modified: