Indonesia will host the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum in 2013, and will hold several Sectoral Ministerial Meetings, an APEC CEO Summit, and the Economic Leaders Meeting. These meetings will provide an opportunity for APEC economies to engage in a dialogue on a variety of key priorities, and work together to advance open and transparent markets, as well as the free movement of information, people, and capital in the Asia-Pacific region.
This year Indonesia aims to facilitate APEC’s collective efforts to achieve the Bogor Goals by 2020, which APEC Leaders committed to in 1994, as well as increase sustainability and the pace of development in the Asia-Pacific. The theme for 2013 is “Resilient Asia-Pacific, Engine of Global Growth”. APEC economies will seek to achieve tangible results based on the following priorities:
- Attaining the Bogor Goals
- Achieving Sustainable Growth with Equity
- Promoting Connectivity
For more information on Indonesia’s priorities for 2013, please visit the APEC Indonesia website.
A full calendar of APEC events is available on APEC's official website.
Declarations and Statements
- April 21, 2013 - 2013 Meeting of APEC Ministers Responsible for Trade
- April 21, 2013 - Statement on Supporting the Multilateral Trading System and WTO 9th Ministerial Conference
- September 5, 2013 - Minister of State Yelich to Attend APEC Meeting of Small and Medium Enterprise Ministers and Women and the Economy Forum in Indonesia
- April 21, 2013 - Harper Government Continues to Advance Canadian Prosperity and Interests Throughout Fast-Growing Asia-Pacific Region
- September 8, 2013 - Minister of State Yelich Concludes Participation at APEC Meetings on Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises, and Women and the Economy
- Date Modified: