China will host the 22nd Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Leaders’ Summit in Beijing on 10-11 November 2014. As the 2014 host, China will also hold several Sectoral Ministerial Meetings and an APEC CEO Summit. These meetings will provide an opportunity for APEC economies to engage in a dialogue on a variety of key priorities, and work together to advance open and transparent markets, as well as the free movement of information, people, and capital in the Asia-Pacific region.
Under the theme “Shaping the Future through Asia-Pacific Partnership”, China will work to build closer partnerships across the Pacific by jointly addressing challenges and seeking long-term development in the region. The following are its three priorities:
- Advancing Regional Economic Integration
- Promoting Innovative Development, Economic Reform and Growth
- Strengthening Comprehensive Connectivity and Infrastructure Development
For more information on China’s priorities for 2014, please visit the APEC China website.
A full calendar of APEC events is available on the APEC's official website.
Declarations and Statements
- 2014 Meeting of APEC Ministers Responsible for Trade
- Statement on Supporting Multilateral Trading System
- 2014-05-17 - Minister Fast Meets with APEC Counterparts
- Date Modified: