Child Rights-Based Approaches and Results-Based Management
In this course, participants will learn the fundamentals of both Child Rights-Based Approaches (CRBA) and Results-Based Management (RBM), as they learn to design and plan using a child rights-based analysis and integrate that analysis into RBM throughout the program/project cycle. The course will underscore child participation and emphasize skills and tools necessary for project monitoring and reporting. Gender equality will be highlighted throughout.
Expected results for course participants:
- Strengthened performance in achieving development results (Ultimate Outcome)
- Greater effectiveness in designing, implementing and reporting on rights-based and results-based programs/projects (Intermediate Outcome)
- Strengthened operational capacity to apply Child Rights-Based Approach and Results-Based Management tools, principles and concepts (Immediate Outcome)
- Coherent and enhanced understanding of planning, managing and monitoring for rights and results (Immediate Outcome)
The course also supports strengthened effectiveness of project and work teams.
Who is this for?
This course is intended for:
- Personnel from CIDA partner organizations—as well as their partners—who are directly involved in designing, implementing, and monitoring CIDA-funded programs/projects; and
- CIDA personnel.
This course is ideally suited to the primary stakeholders involved in implementing a single project, or to personnel of a single organization.
Please contact us to discuss course availability in French, English, and Spanish.
NB: The aim of the course in terms of level of proficiency to be acquired is “intermediate” (not introductory). The course aims at a comprehensive and operational proficiency rather than expert proficiency in all aspects of CRBA and RBM.
When and where?
Courses may be held at any time during an international collaboration and must bring together the partners involved and will be held where the greatest number of key players can meet.
How can I register?
For more information, please communicate with the Centre at:
Toll free (in Canada): 1-800-852-9211
Facsimile toll-free (in Canada): 1-877-723-1604
“The course deepened my knowledge of CRBA and RBM. I feel able to design projects and adjust others using both tools.”
“Thanks for such an important transfer of knowledge that I will carry with me in my professional and personal life.”
“I believe this tool linking CRBA and RBM is extremely valid, I congratulate the effort and propose that this workshop be offered regularly with actors working on the rights of children and adolescents.”
“I didn’t think it was possible to cover so much content in such a compressed manner in so little time.”Participants in the Child Rights Based Approaches and Results Based Management courses delivered in Colombia, Honduras, and Guatemala in April 2010.
- Date Modified: