Victory for Canada’s Livestock Industry
November 18, 2011
Minister Fast and Gerry Ritz, Minister of Agriculture, welcomed the clear victory for Canada’s livestock industry represented by the WTO ruling that the U.S. Country-of-Origin Labelling (COOL) measure is inconsistent with its WTO trade obligations.
The ministers met with livestock producers and processors at Soderglen Ranches Ltd., one of Canada’s largest purebred seedstock cattle ranches. WTO decision will benefit Canadian farm families, livestock industry and economy, ministers say.
- Canada Wins WTO Case on U.S. Country-of-Origin Labelling - November 18, 2011
- Canada Wins World Trade Organization Case on U.S. Country-of-Origin Labelling - November 18, 2011
- Agriculture and International Trade Ministers to deliver significant positive news for Canadian livestock producers - November 17, 2011
- Biography of Minister of International Trade Ed Fast
- Photo collection of Minister Ed Fast - Ministerial events and visits
- Panel reports on U.S. Country-of-Origin Labelling
- Dispute Settlement at the World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Date Modified: