Sixth Round of Trade Negotiations Between Canada and European Union
January 18, 2011
Minister Van Loan announced the beginning of the sixth round of trade negotiations with European Union toward a comprehensive economic and trade agreement.
Canada and the European Union have held five successful rounds of negotiations toward an agreement since October 2009. To date, significant progress has been achieved in such areas as goods, services, investment and government procurement, as well as many others.
Canada committed to broad and ambitious trade deal with Europe. The seventh round of negotiations is scheduled for April in Ottawa.
- International Trade Minister Peter Van Loan Welcomes Sixth Round of Canada-European Union Trade Negotiations - January 17, 2011
News Releases from previous negotiations
- Canada and European Union Take Stock of Historic Trade Agreement Negotiations - December 15, 2010
- Canada and the European Union on Track to Trade Deal - October 18, 2010
- Canada Begins Third Round of Economic and Trade Negotiations with European Union – April 20, 2010
- Second Round of Canada-EU Economic and Trade Negotiations Starts Today – January 18, 2010
- First Meeting Held on Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement Between Canada and European Union – June 10, 2009
- Canada and European Union launch historic economic partnership – May 6, 2009
- Canada-European Union Commercial Relations
- Biography of Minister of International Trade Peter Van Loan
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) Negotiations
- Focus on the European Union
- Global Commerce Strategy Priority Market
- Canada's International Market Access Report
- Canada-European Union Relations
- Date Modified: