Canada-European Union Trade Agreement
Minister Van Loan with European Union Trade Commissioner Karel De Gucht.
December 15, 2010
Minister Van Loan met with the European Union Trade Commissioner, Karel De Gucht, in Ottawa on December 15 to discuss progress toward a Canada-European Union comprehensive economic and trade agreement. At a joint media availability, both sides declared that significant progress had been achieved and that negotiations are progressing ahead of expectations.
Since October 2009, Canada and the European Union have held five successful rounds of negotiations. A Canada-EU agreement will give Canada preferential access to one of the largest markets in the world.
- Canada and European Union Take Stock of Historic Trade Agreement Negotiations - December 15, 2010
- International Trade Minister Peter Van Loan and European Commissioner for Trade Karel De Gucht to Hold Joint Media Conference - December 14, 2010
- Canada-European Union Commercial Relations
- Biography of Minister of International Trade Peter Van Loan
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) Negotiations
- Focus on the European Union
- Global Commerce Strategy Priority Market
- Canada's International Market Access Report
- Canada-European Union Relations
- Date Modified: