Free trade and economic growth
Minister of International Trade, Peter Van Loan, delivered a keynote speech in Toronto to the Economic Club of Canada on Friday, April 30, 2010.
In his speech, Minister Van Loan said Canadians stand to benefit from strengthened economic ties with the European Union, the world’s wealthiest single common market. According to a Canada-European Union joint study, a deal is expected to deliver a $12-billion annual boost to the Canadian economy.
- Minister Van Loan Updates Business Community on Progress Toward Canada-EU Economic and Trade Agreement and Its Potential to Grow the Economy – April 30, 2010
- Minister Van Loan to Discuss Canada’s Free Trade Agenda and Progress on EU Trade Talks – April 29, 2010
- Address by Minister Van Loan to Economic Club of Canada - April 30, 2010
- Canada-European Union Commercial Relations
- Biography of Minister of International Trade Peter Van Loan
- Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) Negotiations
- Focus on the European Union
- Canada Begins Third Round Economic and Trade Negotiations with European Union
- Global Commerce Strategy Priority Market
- Canada's International Market Access Report
- Canada-European Union Relations
- Date Modified: