Ministerial Visit to Turkey and Greece
Photo: From Left to Right: Mark Bailey, Canadian Ambassador to Turkey; Minister Van Loan; John Hogg, President and Mark James, Director of International Sales, Free Breeze Energy Systems Ltd.
December 10, 2010
Minister Van Loan led a trade mission to Istanbul and Ankara from December 5 to 8 and to Athens on December 9 and 10, 2010. The trade mission focused on expanding commercial relations and promoting free trade with the European Union.
While in Turkey, Minister Van Loan officially opened the Consulate of Canada in Istanbul to help Canadian companies take advantage of trade and investment opportunities in Turkey.
In Greece, Minister Van Loan announced the implementation of the Double Taxation Agreement with Greece, scheduled to come into effect on January 1, 2011.
- Harper Government Focused on Creating Jobs and Delivering Free Trade with European Union - December 10
- Government of Canada Opens New Consulate in Istanbul – December 7, 2010
- International Trade Minister Peter Van Loan to Hold Teleconference on Trade Mission to Turkey and Greece - December 8
- International Trade Minister Peter Van Loan to Visit Turkey and Greece – December 5, 2010
- Canada-Greece Commercial Relations
- Canada-Turkey Commercial Relations
- Biography of Minister of International Trade Peter Van Loan
- Market Reports - Greece (registration required)
- Market Reports – Turkey (registration required)
- Office of the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Greece
- Office of the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Turkey
- Embassy of Canada to Greece
- Embassy of Canada to Turkey
- Date Modified: