Invest Canada – Community Initiatives program
From left to right, Patrick Draper, President and CEO of the Toronto Region Research Alliance, Minister Van Loan, and George Hanus, President and COO of the Greater Toronto Marketing Alliance.
Media Centre | Related Links | Photo Gallery
November 29, 2010
On July 30, 2010, Minister Van Loan announced $3 million to help Canadian communities attract foreign investment and create jobs under the Invest Canada – Community Initiatives program:
- On November 28, Minister Van Loan annonced that 17 community organizations in Alberta will receive 395 750$ in funding.
- On September 27, Minister Van Loan annonced $24,200 contribution to support the community of Summerside, Prince Edward Island
- On September 13, the Minister announced that 21 community organizations in Ontario will receive more than $1.3 million.
- On August 19, the Minister announced that 18 community organizations in Québec will receive more than $658,500.
- On August 16, Minister Van Loan announced that 23 community organizations in British Columbia will receive more than $365,000.
The Invest Canada-Community Initiatives (ICCI) is one of the three components of the Global Commerce Support Program established in December 2008. It is designed to help Canadian communities attract, retain and expand foreign direct investment.