Canada-Russia Intergovernmental Economic Commission (IEC)
June 1-2, 2011
Minister Fast and Russia’s First Deputy Prime Minister Viktor Zubkov met in Ottawa for the eighth session of the IEC. The two Ministers signed a joint ministerial statement and witnessed the signings of two instruments that will increase collaboration between Canada and Russia in different fields.
Created in 1993 by the Canada-Russia Agreement on Economic Cooperation, the IEC promotes economic relations between Canada and Russia and addresses issues affecting bilateral trade. The IEC takes convenes every two years and consists of a plenary session and meetings of various working groups and round tables. These groups discuss agriculture, energy, construction, mining, and the Arctic and the North.
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service - Embassy of Canada to Russia
- The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Moscow, Russia
- Canada and the Russian Federation
- Government of Canada: Canada-Russia Relations
- Discover Canada - Embassy of Canada to Russia
- Date Modified: