Changes to Export and Import Permits and Certificates Fees
Serial No: 87
Date: May 16, 1995
Table of Contents
- 1.0 Coverage
- 2.0 Authority
- 3.0 Applications for Permits or Certificates
- 4.0 Further Information
2.1 Importers and exporters are advised that effective May 22, 1995 and under the authority of the Export and Import Permits and Certificate Fees Order, 1995 a fee of:
- a) Fees for Export Permits and Certificates
- (i) $9, where the export permit or certificate is delivered by a person who is not employed in the Public Service of Canada but who is authorized by the Minister to make the delivery; and
- (ii) $14, where the export permit or certificate is delivered by the Export and Import Controls Bureau of the Department.
- (2) The fee referred to in subparagraph (a)(i) does not include any fee for services incidental to the delivery of the permit or certificate that are provided by an authorized person referred to in that subparagraph.
- (3)The fee referred to in subparagraph (a)(ii) does not apply in respect of an export permit issued for goods under:
- a) Groups 1 to 4 of the schedule to the Export Control List;
- b) items 5000, 5400, 5401 and 5500 of Group 5 of the schedule to that List; and
- c) Groups 6 to 8 of the schedule to that List.
- b) Fees for Import Permits
- (i) where the import permit is delivered by a person who is not employed in the public service of Canada but who is authorized by the Minister to make the delivery, the fee set out in column II of an item of the schedule that corresponds to the total value of the goods in respect of which the import permit is issued set out in column I of that item; and
- (ii) where the import permit is delivered by the Export and Import Controls Bureau of the Department (EICB), the fee set out in column III of an item of the schedule that corresponds to the total value of the goods in respect of which the import permit is issued set out in column I of that item.
2.2 Note: In this Order, "Fees" mean the charges payable for the issuance of permits and certificates pursuant to section 7, 8, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 9.01 or 9.2 of the Export and Import Permits Act, but do not include any costs that may be incurred for services incidental to the delivery of a permit or certificate delivered at customs brokers installations.
3.0 Applications for Permits or Certificates
3.1 The fee for permits or certificates delivered by customs brokers' offices will continue to be paid to the customs brokers delivering the permit or certificate by the person to whom the permit or certificate is issued.
3.2 Exporters applying for export permits or certificates at EICB will be required to submit with their applications a cheque or bank money order, payable to the Receiver General for Canada, (no cash) in the amount of $14 for each export permit or certificate requested. For importers applying for import permits at EICB, a fee based on the total value of the goods per import permit as set out in column III of the import permit fee schedule in paragraph 2 will apply. (If using Canada Post, send the request with the payment to the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, Export and Import Controls Bureau (EPC) P.O. Box 481, Station A, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 9K6 or if using courier service, send it to the Department of Foreign Affairs and International trade,Export and Import Controls Bureau (EPC) Tower C, 4th floor, 125 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A OG2.)
3.3 Should an application be received without payment of the fee, EICB will contact the applicant to inquire about the missing fee. In the meantime, the application will be processed and when issued teh permit or certificate will be kept in abeyance until the payment of the fee has been received.
3.4 Importers or exporters who feel that the requirements for the payment of the fee with each application might not be practical, may apply to EICB for the authority to be placed on the monthly billing system. Companies that wish to apply for this privilege should submit their request to the Director General, Export and Import Controls Bureau (EPC), Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, P.O. Box 481, Station A, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 9K6. The following information should be provided with the request:
- name and address of company;
- company file number;
- estimate of number of permits or certificates required per month;
- mailing address for forwarding monthly invoice;
- point of contact with telephone number of person responsible for payment of invoices; and
- justification for request.
3.5 It should be noted that all fees referred to in paragraph 2 are the fees levied per permit or certificate except as noted in paragraph 3.6 and not per shipment. It should also be noted that the fees referred to, do not apply to shipments of controlled goods imported under the authority of a specific General Import Permit.
3.6 Certificates of Eligibility for the export of textiles and clothing to the United States and Mexico of more than 3 commodities and not more than 15 per shipment will be grouped for invoicing purposes as though only one Certificate of Eligibility was issued as long as certain criteria have been met at the time of application for the Certificate.
3.7 Cancellation of Permits or Certificates
It is the policy of the Department that no refunds will be allowed for permits or certificates cancelled by the applicant.
4.0 Further Information
Enquiries may be addressed to:
Mr. H.A. Dubois
Mr. Y. Landry
Permit Control Administration and EDP Division
Export and Import Controls Bureau
Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
P.O. Box 481, Station A
Telephone: (613) 996-0273, (613) 996-4143
Facsimile: (613) 992-9397
- Date Modified: