This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Beef and Veal (Items 114 to 116 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 8 - Independent verification of an application for a share of the distributor portion of the Beef and Veal Tariff Rate Quota in [quota year]
Serial No. 830
Date: October 29, 2012
Independent verifier's letterhead
To: Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada
Re: [Company name]
[Company EIPA File Number]
At the request of [Company name] and as required by Notice to Importers No. ______ dated _______________________, I performed the following procedures in connection with [Company name’s] application for a share of the beef and veal tariff rate quota (TRQ) for the period January 1, [quota year] to December 31, [quota year] ("the application").
I enquired of [Company name] and confirmed that the company will continue to do business in [quota year] as a distributor as defined in Notice to Importers No. ______ dated ____________________________.
Procedures performed and findings
1. I read Notice to Importers No. ______ and understand its contents. In particular, I am aware that Items 114 to 116 of the Import Control List (ICL) include only beef and veal not originating in Chile, Peru or a NAFTA country and classified under tariff headings 02.01 and 02.02.
2. I inspected purchases invoices and import documentation (or summary sheets showing the relevant invoice information and import records) of [Company name] concerning import quantities in the period outlined in the appliant’s application having a total quantity of __________ kilograms of beef and veal for:
- the name and address of the seller;
- the weight of the non-FTA beef and veal purchased and imported;
- type of beef and veal purchased and imported;
- the date of import; and
- the country of origin of the beef and veal imported.
The following exceptions from the requirements of Notice to Importers No. _______, including exceptions to the requirement that transactions be at arms length, were found:
3. I compared the type of beef and veal described in the purchases invoices and import records (or summary sheets, as noted above) to the types of beef and veal listed in Items 114 to 116 of the ICL and found that the type of beef and veal described was of a type listed in Items 114 to 116 of the ICL (product descriptions for such beef are included in Appendix 4 of Notice to Importers No.________).
The following exceptions were found:
4. I enquired of the [name and title of individual responsible for the application] as to whether beef and veal imported, as stated on the application, included only non-FTA beef and veal imports imported under the authority of an import permit issued to [Company name] by DFAIT and beef and veal, if any, imported at the 26.5% over-access rate of duty.
The following exceptions were found:
These procedures do not constitute an audit of the application and therefore I express no opinion on the application.
This letter is for use solely in connection with [Company name] application for a share of the beef anf veal TRQ for [quota year].
I am a professional member in good standing of an institute, society or association of accountants incorporated by or under an Act of the Legislature of this province, whose normal professional activities include the performance of independent audits of financial statements, and am qualified to express an opinion on financial statements for third party use.
Accountant name (please print) ______________________________
Accountant signature: ______________________________________
Name of firm: ____________________________________________
Membership Number with National Professional Organization:
Membership Number with Provincial Professional Organization:
- Date Modified: