This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Chicken And Chicken Products (Items 96 To 104 On The Import Control List)
Appendix 9 - Affidavit by Applicants Requesting an Allocation under the Non-ICL Group
I [NAME OF PERSON], A RESIDENT OF THE COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY OF ________________, IN THE PROVINCE OF________________ MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS :
1. I am employed by [applicant name] as [job title].
2. [Applicant name] does and will continue to do business throughout the next quota year as a further processor of products not on the ICL as outlined in Notice to Importers - Chicken and Chicken Products.
3. I confirm that the number of units produced as stated in [applicant name] application was taken from [applicant name] production records for the reference period of September 1 to August 31 immediately preceding the new quota year.
4. I reviewed the Import Control List and noted that the units produced as stated in [applicant name] application were not included in the Import Control List.
5. I confirm that the units produced as stated on [applicant name] application:
- were sold as a finished product;
- pertained to production by plants in Canada which were owned and operated by [applicant name];
- excluded production for which only packaging was performed;
- excluded chicken products containing spent fowl, commonly called stewing hen;
- excluded chicken used to produce products that are on the Import Control List that are included in any other application for an allocation under the chicken TRQ.
- excluded chicken products not processed in Canada but only packed with other products in Canada;
- excluded [applicant name] chicken products exported from Canada.
6. I agree that any information provided by me or by [applicant name] to Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) in support of [applicant name] application for an allocation of the chicken tariff rate quota (TRQ) for next quota year is subject to review by an independent public accountant (or an accountant named by DFAIT). I further agree that the determination of whether an accountant's report is required shall be made solely by DFAIT. I also agree that all costs of the accountant shall be borne by my firm and that the accountant's report will be in the form specified by DFAIT.
7. I understand that the information provided by me in this affidavit will be used to assess [applicant name] application for a chicken TRQ allocation allocated to processors of products not on the Import Control List. I realize that section 17 of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids any person from furnishing false or misleading information and forbids knowingly making any misrepresentation in any application pursuant to the EIPA. I am aware that section 18 of the EIPA forbids any person to knowingly induce, aid or abet any other person to contravene any of the provisions of the EIPA.
8. All information provided by [applicant name] me on the "Application form for a chicken TRQ allocation" allocated to producers of products not on the Import Control List is accurate and complete.
Sworn before me at the City of __________________ in the province of___________________, on the date of___________________.
Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Oaths
Signature and printed or typed name of swearer.
- Date Modified: