This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Turkey and Turkey Products (Items 105 to 113 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 3 - Affidavit for applicants to retain their share of the traditional turkey TRQ
Serial No. 824
Date: October 19, 2012
I [NAME OF PERSON], A RESIDENT OF THE COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY OF _________________________________, IN THE PROVINCE OF ________________________MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS :
1. I am employed by [applicant name] as [job title].
2. The information contained in this affidavit pertains to [applicant name] application form for an import allocation for the traditional portion of the turkey and turkey products TRQ for the next quota year (“the application”).
3. [Applicant name] does and will continue to do business in 2012 as a [nature of business] as outlined in Notice to Importers Turkey and Turkey Products (Items 105 to 113 on the Import Control List).
4. I reviewed [applicant name] purchase invoices covering purchases made in the reference period of September 1 to August 31 immediately preceding the next quota year having a total of [quantity] kilograms in eviscerated equivalent weight and a total of [amount] dollars of turkey.
5. I compared the type of turkey described in the purchase invoices noted in (3) above to the products listed in Items 105 to 113 of the Import Control List detailed in Appendix 7 of the Notice and found that the type of turkey described in the purchase invoices corresponded to the products listed in Items 105 to 113 of the Import Control List.
6. I compared the total dollar amount of each of the purchase invoices outlined above to cancelled cheques (or other banking records or cash disbursement documentation) and found them to be in agreement.
7. I reviewed sales invoices of [applicant name] covering the reference period of September 1 to August 31 immediately preceding the next quota year having a total of [quantity] kilograms in eviscerated equivalent weight and a total of [amount] dollars of turkey..
8. I compared the total dollar amount of each of the sales invoices to cash receipts (or other financial documents indicating that full payment had been received) and found them to be in agreement.
9. I examined and, where necessary, recalculated the conversion of purchases and subsequent sales of turkey as reported in [applicant name] purchases and sales journals from September 1 to August 31 immediately preceding the next quota year into eviscerated equivalent kilograms, as described in the application, based on the formulas set out in Appendix 7 of the Notice. I confirm that the calculations were mathematically correct.
10. I confirm that all related applicants and all related persons as defined in Appendix 8 to the Notice were described in the application.
11. I confirm that the name, address and percentage of share ownership of all shareholders owning 5% or more of the total voting shares as described in [applicant name] register of share ownership matches that listed in the application.
12. I agree that any information provided by me or my firm in support of my firm's application for a share of the turkey tariff rate quota (TRQ) is subject to review by an independent public accountant (or an accountant named by Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT)) if and as required by DFAIT, and that all costs related to such work by the accountant shall be borne by [applicant name].
13. I understand that the information provided by me in this affidavit will be used to assess [applicant name] application for a share of the turkey and turkey products TRQ. I realize that section 17 of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids any person from furnishing false or misleading information and forbids knowingly making any misrepresentation pursuant to the EIPA. I am aware that section 18 of the EIPA forbids any person from knowingly inducing, aiding or abeting any other person in contravening any of the provisions of the EIPA.
14. I confirm that all information provided in the application is accurate and complete.
Sworn beforeme at the City of ________________________ in the province _____________________________________ on this __________ day of _______________________ of _______.
Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Oaths
Signature and printed or typed name of swearer
- Date Modified: