This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Notice to Importers
Turkey and Turkey Products (Items 105 to 113 on the Import Control List)
Appendix 6 - Affidavit by an applicant for a share of the non-ICL portion of the turkey TRQ
Serial No. 845
Date: November 01, 2013
I [NAME OF PERSON], A RESIDENT OF THE COUNTY OR MUNICIPALITY OF _______________________, IN THE PROVINCE OF ____________________________MAKE OATH AND SAY AS FOLLOWS :
1. I am employed by [name of firm] as [job title].
2. My firm does and will continue to do business in the next quota year as a further processor of non-ICL products as defined in Notice to Importers Turkey and Turkey Products (Items 105 to 113 on the Import Control List).
3. I confirm that the number of units produced and sold as stated in our firm's application was taken from our production records for the reference period of September 1 to August 31 immediately preceding the next quota year.
4. I reviewed the Import Control List and noted that the units produced and sold as stated in our firm's application were not included in the Import Control List.
5. I confirm that the units produced as stated on our firm's application:
(a) were sold as a finished product;
(b) pertained to production by plants in Canada which were either owned or operated by our firm;
(c) excluded production for which only packaging was performed;
(d) excluded turkey products not processed in Canada but only packed with other products in Canada.
6. I agree that any information provided by me or my firm in support of my firm's application for a share of the turkey tariff rate quota (TRQ) is subject to review by an independent public accountant (or an accountant named by Foreign Affairs,Trade and Development Canada (DFATD)). I further agree that the determination of whether an accountant's report is required shall be made solely by DFATD. I also agree that all costs of the accountant shall be borne by my firm and that the accountant's report will be in the form specified by DFATD.
7. I understand that the information provided by me in this affidavit will be used to assess my firm's application for a share of the turkey TRQ allocated to processors of products not on the Import Control List. I realize that section 17 of the Export and Import Permits Act (EIPA) forbids anyone to furnish false or misleading information or knowingly to make any misrepresentation in any application in order to procure an import permit. I am aware that section 18 of the EIPA forbids any person to knowingly induce, aid or abet any other person to contravene any of the provisions of the EIPA.
8. All information provided by me on the "Application form for a share of the turkey TRQ" for the next quota year allocated to producers of products not on the Import Control List is accurate and complete.
Sworn before me at the City of _________________________ in the province ______________________________________ on this__________ day of _______________________ of _______.
Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Oaths
Signature and printed or typed name of swearer
- Date Modified: