This Web page has been archived on the Web
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Annual Report to Parliament on the Administration of the Export and Import Permits Act
Economic Significance of Import Permits
Graphic representation of issued import permits by commodity (excluding steel commodity for which 299,331 permits were issued). In 2011, over 339,000 permits were issued.
- 2,042 permits for beef and veal;
- 7,244 permits for chicken and chicken products;
- 5,858 permits for cheese;
- 4,785 permits for dairy products;
- 1,994 permits for broiler hatching eggs and chicks;
- 1,471 permits for eggs and egg products;
- 444 permits for turkey and turkey products;
- 445 permits for margarine; 32 permits for pork;
- 442 permits for wheat and barley;
- 13,611 permits for textiles and clothing;
- 2,149 permits for arms and ammunition.
Import Permit Applications
Graphic representation of import permits processed in 2011 for agriculture and dairy products, steel products and weapons and munitions.
- 339,846 permits issued;
- 1,889 applications denied;
- 15,575 permits cancelled.
Tarrif Rate Quota Vs. Imports
Graphic representation of Tarrif Rate Quotas (TRQ) versus imports for wheat, wheat products, barley, and barley products.
- Wheat: 226,883 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 74,089 tonnes (imports);
- Wheat products: 123,557 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 163,754 tonnes (imports);
- Barley: 399,000 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 118,233 tonnes (imports);
- Barley products: 19,131 tonnes (TRQ) vs. 30,711 tonnes (imports).
Economic Significance of Export Permits
Graphic representation of issued export permits by commodity. In 2011, over 185,500 permits were issued.
- 6,424 permits for sugar;
- 928 permits for peanut butter;
- 26,511 permits for clothing and textiles;
- 134,667 permits for softwood lumber;
- 9,078 permits for ECL 5101 Logs;
- 15 permits for ECL 5102 Pulpwood;
- 2,712 permits for GRP 1 Dual Use;
- 4,139 permits for GRP 2 Munitions;
- 335 permits for GRP 3 Non-Proliferation;
- 105 permits for GRP 4 Nuclear;
- 374 permits for GRP 5 Goods and technology;
- 339 permits for GRP 6 Missile;
- 56 permits for GRP 7 Chemical.
Export Control List Applications
Graphic representation of export permit applications processed in 2011 for goods or technology included on the Export Control List.
- 17,153 permits issued;
- 6 applications denied;
- 356 applications withdrawn;
- 176 permits cancelled;
- 419 applications returned without action.
Softwood Lumber permit Applications
Graphic representation of softwood lumber permit applications processed in 2011.
- 134,667 permits issued;
- 1,763 applications rejected;
- 4,846 permits cancelled.
Agricultural Export Applications
Graphic representation of agricultural export permits processed in 2011.
- 7,352 permits issued (6,424 for sugar, 928 for peanut butter);
- 57 applications rejected (37 for sugar, 20 for peanut butter);
- 341 permits cancelled (305 for sugar, 36 for peanut butter).
Permits and Certifcates Issued
Graphic representation of import certificate and delivery verification certificates issues in 2011 (excludes Steel products).
- 339,846 import permits;
- 185,821 export permits;
- 4,216 import certificates;
- 482 delivery verifications.
- Date Modified: