The 2006 Softwood Lumber Agreement (SLA) requires Canada and the United States to reconcile aggregate Region-specific monthly data on the volume and value of exports of softwood lumber products from Canada to the United States (Articles XV.6 and XV.8)
The following table provides the aggregate volume information for the period April 1 2009 - September 30, 2009 as compiled by the Government of Canada and approved by officials of both governments at the meeting of the Softwood Lumber Committee.
The data may differ from other official trade statistics of Canada and the United States as they are based on definitions that are specific to the SLA.
The United States and Canada have agreed that the volume and value data reconciliation for the period of April 1, 2009 - September 30, 2009 has been concluded successfully.
The Committee agreed that the Technical Working Group will continue to work on volume reconciliation commencing with the fourth quarter 2009. The Technical Working Group will also continue to examine the value data for the aforementioned period and the fourth quarter of 2009. These results will be presented to the Softwood Lumber Committee at its next meeting.
Mary T. Smith
Director for Canadian Affairs
Office of the U. S. Trade Representative
Government of the United States
North America Trade Policy Bureau
Government of Canada
POST-RECONCILIATION RESULTS EXPORT VOLUMES (fbm)
February 11, 2011
Region of Origin
Region of Origin
As at February 11, 2011
- Results are based on bilateral reconciliation work as required under the Softwood Lumber Agreement between officials from Foreign Affairs and International Trade and the United States Customs and Border Protection
- The reconciliation results have been reviewed and agreed to by the Canadian and U.S. representatives of the Softwood Lumber Committee
- The report is based on permitted shipments
- The numbers are subject to corrections or adjustments
- The numbers are compiled based on conditions as set out in the SLA for region of origin