Table of contents
- Review Process documents
- Requests for review reports
- Discussion notes
- Select media
- Advisory Panel meeting reports
- Annual reports and mid-year updates
- Canada’s National Contact Point (NCP)
- Reports from Office’s public consultations
- Eblast archive
Review Process documents
- Review Process In Brief (Spanish)
- Guidance Note #3: Joint requests for review in the Review Process of the Office of the Extractive Sector CSR Counsellor
- Guidance Note #2: A Guidance Note for Canadian companies on the Review Process of the Office of the Extractive Sector CSR Counsellor (June 2011)
- Guidance Note #1: Transparency and Confidentiality: A Guidance Note for Participants to the Review Process of the Office of the Extractive Sector Corporate Social Responsibility Counsellor (September 2011)
- Request for Review Cover Form (May 2012) * PDF - (1433.6 KB)
- Archived - Review Process Participant Guide (April 2011) * PDF - (492 KB)
- Archived - Rules of Procedure for the Review Process (October 2010)
Requests for review reports
- Closing Report 2013-05-ARG (Spanish)
- Interim Report 2013-04-MEX (Spanish)
- Closing Report 2012-03-ARG
- Interim Report 2012-03-ARG (Spanish)
- Closing report 2011-02-MAU
- Closing report 2011-01-MEX (Spanish)
- Field visit #2 report 2011-01-MEX (Spanish)
- Archived - Field visit #1 report 2011-01-MEX * PDF - (231 KB) (Spanish * PDF - 250 KB)
- Discussion Note #2: Video series: Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative, Harvard University (October 2012)
Select works by the CSR Counsellor in external media publications
OpEd in the Canadian Mining Journal
- September 2013 - "Escalating Social Risk around mining"
- August 2013 - “Defining what CSR is worth to miners”
- June/July 2013 - “Human rights are a team effort”
- May 2013 - “Dialogue offers more than the alternatives”
- April 2013 - "Risks pertain to all, regardless of size"
- February/March 2013 - "Are Canadian miners 'good players' in CSR?"
- December 2012 - "Reaching across sectors and building bridges"
- October 2012 - "Preventing and resolving social conflicts"
- September 2012 - "Resolving company and community conflict"
- August 2012 - "Plenty of work done, plenty more to do"
- June/July 2012 - "Extracting a risk from mining"
- May 2012 - "Setting the CBC straight about the CSR Office"
- April 2012 - "CSR is now a really hot topic"
- February/March 2012 - "A new problem-solving tool for Canadian companies overseas"
- January 2012 – “Managing risk by showing support"
- December 2011 - "Canadian interests and values are aligned"
- January 2012 - Embassy Magazine - "Lessons Learned from CSR counsellor"
- Article in Canada Now (Colombia) (please contact us for a copy)
Annual reports and mid-year updates
- Mid-year update 2012
- 2011 Annual Report to Parliament
- Mid-year update 2011
- Archived - 2010 Annual Report to Parliament * PDF - (369 KB)
Advisory Panel meeting reports
- Report of the second annual meeting of the Advisory Panel (March 2012) * PDF - (751 KB)
- Report of the Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) visit to Toronto (February 2012)
- Archived - Report of the first annual meeting of the Advisory Panel (February 2011) * PDF - (118 KB)
Canada’s National Contact Point (NCP)
Reports from Office’s public consultations (June-September 2010)
- Archived - Consultations Summary Report (September 2010) * PDF - (201KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Toronto Report * PDF - (250 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Vancouver Report * PDF - (208 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Senegal Report * PDF - (173 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Mali Report * PDF - (113 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Montreal Report * PDF - (215 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Ottawa Report * PDF - (210 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Mexico Report * PDF - (102 KB)
- Archived - Public Consultation Calgary Report * PDF - (207 KB)
- Archived - Building a review process for the Canadian international extractive sector: A backgrounder (June 2012) * PDF - (554 KB)
* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view these files, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page.
- Date Modified: