Interested in contacting a Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada employee? Search the Government of Canada Employee Directory.
Services and programs contact information
If you have questions about a specific service, please use the following links to direct you to the right contacts. If you cannot find the service or program you are looking for, our Enquiries Service can assist you.
Note: Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada does not deal with immigration issues. Please go to Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Authentication of documents
- Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (for Canadian businesses)
- General enquiries about international trade
- Invest in Canada (for foreign businesses)
- For assistance related to the Partners@International portal, please send an email to email@example.com
- General inquiries about Canada’s international development assistance
- Funding for international development projects
- Contact or locate a Canadian embassy, consulate or high commission
- Emergency assistance abroad
- Information on travelling abroad
- Publications (Bon Voyage, But...)
Education and youth
Call centre contact information
1-800-267-8376 (toll-free in Canada)
613-944-4000 (in the National Capital Region and outside Canada)
1-800-394-3472 (toll-free from the U.S. and Canada only)
Having trouble contacting us?
DFATD has changed from its 30-year-old phone system to a new Voice over IP (VoIP)* or IP Telephone system. As a result, we now are using the new National Capital Region (NCR) area code “343”. All new DFATD phone numbers in the NCR are now 343 with the new “203” prefix.
There may be cases where private telephone systems across Canada have not yet been programmed to recognize this new “343” area code and “203” prefix. If you have problems phoning us, please contact your local phone line provider and ask them to ensure that your phone system allows you to call 343-203 numbers. You may provide them with the phone number of +1-343-203-0100 as a test line; this is our voice mail line and it will be answered 24/7.
Enquiries Service (BCI)
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
125 Sussex Drive
If you wish to receive documents by mail, do not forget to include your full postal address.
- Date Modified: