- Government of Canada privacy notice
- Official languages notice
- Hyperlinking notice
- Accessibility notice
- Copyright / permission to reproduce
- Archived Content
- The Department does not automatically gather any personal information from you, such as your name, phone number, email or street address during your visit to its websites. This information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e–mail, or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information you do provide is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that, at the point of collection, you will be informed that your personal information is being collected, the purpose for which it is being collected and that you have a right of access to the information.
- Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada uses software that receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of computers that have connected with their Web sites. In such instances, DFATD makes no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting DFATD sites.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except DFATD personnel who need the information (e.g., to respond to a request). The information you give us will be shared with another government department ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada may be directed to by accessing the Access to Information and Privacy website of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada or by calling 613-992-1425. If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or call 1-800-267-0441.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your hard drive. During your visit to any Web site your browser exchanges information with that Web site's server. Cookies facilitate this exchange by reminding the server which computer is making the request.
The cookies used by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) are not used to identify you personally. The information obtained through the use of these cookies may be shared with Google Analytics and WebTrends, which supply Web analytics services to DFATD. The information obtained through the use of these cookies is compiled into aggregated statistical reports used to analyze traffic patterns to, from and within our Web sites (for example, most visited pages) and to assess our Web sites' efficiency (for example, analysis of broken links). Such information may be used by DFATD for communications and information technology statistical purposes, auditing, evaluations, research, planning and reporting.
Visiting our Web site with cookies disabled will have no significant impact on your browsing experience. Rejecting cookies will not affect the site’s performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. You can set your browser to detect and reject cookies. Please consult your browser's Help Menu for instructions.
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site is available in both English and French (or in one language only if a unilingual office). However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided. Information and services that are provided on this site in language(s) other than English or French are only provided as a convenience to the user when available.
Links to websites not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) are provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their contents.
Users should be aware that information offered by non–GoC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada recognizes its responsibility to develop electronic information that is accessible and useable by all people. We will devote the time and resources necessary to ensure that all users enjoy access to our information and services. It is the responsibility of everyone at Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada to deliver on this commitment. If you have any questions , comments or you are having difficulty accessing any documents on our site please contact us to work out a solution with you.
Materials on this website were produced and/or compiled by Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this Web site has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal or public non–commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
Users are required to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Unless otherwise specified, this authorization is also applicable to all published information regardless of its format.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission granting process, PWGSC helps ensure individuals/organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up–to–date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please contact:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada websites are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact the webmaster.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
- Date Modified: