The 8th Session of the International Wheat Council, which adjourned in London last May, will resume in Washington on January 30, 1953, and will continue for possibly a month. The first statutory session of the 1952-1953 crop year, which will be the 11th Session of the Council, will also be held in Washington, but will only last one day and will probably be held on January 31.
2. The Canadian Delegation to these meetings will be the same as was the delegation to the meeting which adjourned in London last May, except for the changes caused by the holding of the meeting in Washington instead of London. Thus, the Canadian Wheat Board's London representative will be replaced by the Board's Washington representative, Mr. C.C. Boxer, and the External Affairs adviser will be Dr. W.C. Hopper, Agricultural Counsellor, Canadian Embassy, Washington. In addition, Mr. H.B. Monk, the Board's solicitor, is being added as an adviser.
3. The Canadian Delegation will thus be composed of the following persons:
||M.W. Sharp, Associate Deputy Minister
of Trade and Commerce
||W.C. McNamara, Assistant Chief Commissioner of
Canadian Wheat Board
C.F. Wilson, Agricultural Counsellor
Canadian Embassy, Rome, Italy
||J.E. Brownlee, President
United Grain Growers Limited
Wes Coates, Director
Saskatchewan Farmers' Union
W.J. Parker, President
Manitoba Wheat Pool
Ben Plumer, Chairman
Alberta Wheat Pool
J.H. Wesson, President
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool
C.C. Boxer, Washington Representative
Canadian Wheat Board
H.B. Monk, Solicitor
Canadian Wheat Board, Winnipeg
Dr. W.C. Hopper, Agricultural Counsellor
Canadian Embassy, Washington.
4. In addition to the official. Delegation, the following will probably be attending as observers:
- H.L. Griffin, United Grain Growers Ltd.
- M.W. Porter, Alberta Wheat Pool
- George Robertson, Saskatchewan Wheat Pool.
5. I should be grateful, therefore, if you would notify the Chairman of the International Wheat Council that the Canadian Delegation to the resumed 8th Session and to the 11th Session will consist of the above named persons. it will also be in order to advise the Chairman that the address of the entire Delegation, with the exception of Mr. Boxer and Dr. Hopper, will be the Shoreham Hotel. Mr. Boxer's and Dr. Hopper's address is c/o the Canadian Embassy.
for Secretary of State for External Affairs