To advance Canada's aid effectiveness agenda and to sharpen the focus of Canada's international assistance, the Government of Canada has established five priorities for the international assistance envelope.
- Increasing food security
- Ending violence against children and youth
- Stimulating sustainable economic growth
- Advancing democracy
- Peacebuilding stability and security
Canada is committed to improving the health and rights of women and children, including by closing gaps in sexual and reproductive health services. Canada’s efforts focus on the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly in fragile settings.
In addition to these priority themes, three cross-cutting themes are integrated into all of Canada's international development programs and policies:
- Increasing environmental sustainability
- Advancing gender equality
- Helping to strengthen governance institutions and practices
With this approach, Canada can focus on key development challenges, and ensure that its aid investments lead to concrete results for the world's poorest.
- Date Modified: