Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

International Experience Canada

For Canadian Employers - Hiring Short-Term Young Foreign Workers

Hiring a Temporary Young Adult Worker from Overseas Is a Win-Win for Both Employer and Employee

Do you need to:

  • Fill a labour shortage?
  • Augment service to clientele with staff who speak more than one language?
  • Add a skill-set?
  • Present a diverse multicultural global perspective on existing operations?

International Experience Canada can help!

International Experience Canada manages bilateral reciprocal youth mobility arrangements and agreements between Canada and over 30 countries to make it easier for young people from around the world to travel and work in Canada for up to one year. Participants of International Experience Canada have work permits that allow them to work for a Canadian employer without the need to obtain a Labour Market assessment.

By hiring a young foreign worker under International Experience Canada, you give that person an invaluable opportunity to live and work in Canada while complementing your own staffing requirements with temporary help when you need it most.

Many Canadian employers hire International Experience Canada participants again and again in industries like:

  • Tourism
  • Food Services
  • Hospitality
  • Engineering
  • Commerce

Did You Know?

You can hire foreign youth workers from destinations around the globe without a Labour market impact assessment (LMIA) normally required by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. Canada provides either a one-year open work permit or an employer-specific work permit to all qualified applicants. (Under a pilot project, there is a 24-month permit for Australians.)



Date Modified: