Changes to the Canada-New Zealand Working Holiday Arrangement
The Government of Canada and the Government of New Zealand have recently agreed to a number of changes to the existing Canada-New Zealand working holiday arrangement. These changes will further facilitate the process for applicants and enhance the experience of participants.
The following amendments will apply:
- Quota is removed for the number of Canadian participants allowed to benefit from the working holiday arrangement.
- Canadian and New Zealand applicants no longer need to be residing in their home country (i.e., Canada or New Zealand) at the time of application.
- The eligible age for Canadian and New Zealand applicants has been raised from thirty (30) to thirty-five (35).
- Canadian and New Zealand participants can engage in paid employment for the same employer for more than six (6) months during the course of their stay.
- Canadian participants in New Zealand can enrol in training or study courses not exceeding six (6) months during the course of their stay.
For more information about these changes, please consult the following websites:
New Zealand citizens: http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/asia/whp/intro-en.asp