How to make a donation to the Myanmar Crisis Relief Fund
The best way for Canadians to help people affected by the humanitarian situation in Myanmar and neighboring Bangladesh is to donate money to a recognized Canadian or international humanitarian or development organization that is responding to the crisis.
How to make a donation
Any Canadian registered charity meeting the criteria above can participate in the Myanmar Crisis Relief Fund.
Below is a list of Canadian institutional partners* currently raising funds in response to the crisis in Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- Action Against Hunger
- Canadian Foodgrains Bank
- Canadian Red Cross Society
- Development and Peace
- Doctors Without Borders
- Emergency Relief and Development Overseas
- Handicap International Canada
- Humanitarian Coalition
- UNICEF Canada
- **UNHCR Canada
- World Relief Canada
- World Renew
- World Vision Canada
*This is not an exhaustive list of all registered Canadian charities raising money for the Myanmar Crisis Relief Fund. If you wish to donate to a registered Canadian charity that is not appearing on this list, please follow these steps to make sure that your donation will be matched by the Government of Canada. We encourage Canadians to check news reports and broader fundraising efforts before making an informed decision regarding the organization they wish to support.
** Some UN agencies, such as UN Refugee Agency, are eligible to receive donations as part of the Myanmar Crisis Relief Fund. As qualified donees, they can issue official donation receipts for gifts that they receive from individuals.
- Select the organization of your choice.
- Verify that the organization is a registered Canadian charity according to the Canada Revenue Agency and that it raises money for the Myanmar Crisis Relief Fund.
- Make your donation between August 25, 2017 and November 28, 2017. If you are donating by cheque, make your cheque payable to the registered charity, not to an individual and not to the Government of Canada. If you are donating online, make sure that your online payment is secure.
- Verify that the charity receiving the donation will declare it to Global Affairs Canada by December 5, 2017.
- Date Modified: