Global Affairs Canada
We are in the process of moving our services and information to Canada.ca.
Our current Global Affairs Canada website will remain available until the move to Canada.ca is complete.
Our services and information
Learn about the steps you need to take so you can work in a foreign country.
Learn how to have Canadian documents authenticated so that they will be accepted for use abroad.
Find out what steps you need to take to study in Canada, and the permits you need in order to work while you study or after you have graduated.
Contains contact information for government offices that provide consular services to Canadian citizens abroad.
Obtain information about economic sanctions imposed against foreign States and other actors, the law sustaining the sanctions, and permits and certificates authorizing certain activities.
Find out how to reach export markets, get on-the-ground assistance, and expand your business abroad and in Canada.
Includes information about projects and programs that Canada funds here and around the world.
Learn how you can participate and contribute to Canadian international development efforts.
What we are doing
Laws and regulations
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Act
- Official Development Assistance Accountability Act
- Canada–Panama Economic Growth and Prosperity Act
- Order Establishing a List of Foreign State Supporters of Terrorism
- Quarterly Financial Report 2016-2017 – Quarter 1 ended June 30, 2016
- Evaluation of the Global Commerce Support Program - Final Report
- Summative Evaluation of Canada’s Afghanistan Development Program
Canada has been a consistently strong voice for the protection of human rights and the advancement of democratic values.
Learn about CETA’s benefits for Canadian businesses and how the Trade Commissioner Service can help you.
Thank you for taking part in our consultation! Your views will help shape Canada’s new approach to international assistance.
- Date Modified: