Subscribe to RSS feeds
Stay in touch by subscribing to a web feed. Select from the lists available on this page the feed you want, copy the URL from the address bar of your browser and then paste it in the appropriate field of your web feed Reader.
More information on RSS
What is RSS?
Rich Site Summary (RSS) or as some refer to it, Real Simple Syndication, is an XML-based format for content distribution in real time. RSS feeds will include the date, title, summary and a link to the full news article. If after reading a summary you want to view the full text, simply link to the full text document.
Why use RSS?
There are a number of benefits to using RSS, including:
- You select what news you want. RSS allows you to select the type of news and information you receive from websites.
- You determine when you get your news. Once you download your news reader, you can customize it to go and fetch the news every five minutes, or every hour - depending on how you want it.
- Cut down on spam. Because RSS requires you to download a news reader, you aren't subscribing to e-mail lists, which can increase your risk of getting unsolicited (spam) e-mail.
News aggregators / News readers
There are various RSS news aggregators / news readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet.
- RSS Readers for Windows
- RSS Readers for Macintosh
- RSS Readers for Linux
- RSS Readers for Handhelds
- Browser Based RSS Newsreaders
By media product
- The Honourable Chrystia Freeland
Minister of Foreign Affairs
- The Honourable Marie-Claude Bibeau
Minister of International Development and La Francophonie
- The Honourable François-Philippe Champagne
Minister of International Trade
Media Relations Office
- Office Hours:
- 9:00am-5:00pm ET
- General number (for media):
- After-hours Emergency Duty Officer:
- Date Modified: