Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
Canada’s response to the attacks in Mumbai
On November 26, 2008, Minister Cannon issued the following statement:
“Canada strongly condemns the savage terrorist attacks in Mumbai, which have left hundreds of innocent civilians injured or killed.”
Canadians in need of consular assistance are asked to contact Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada in Ottawa at 613-996-8885 or the Emergency Operations Centre. Collect calls are accepted.
Please visit this page for updates on the situation in Mumbai or visit the news releases below.
- 2008-11-28| Statement by Minister Cannon on the Death of Second Canadian in Mumbai
- 2008-11-28| Statement by Minister Cannon with an Update on Mumbai Situation
- 2008-11-28| Statement by Minister Cannon on Death of Canadian in Mumbai Attack
- 2008-11-27| Prime Minister of Canada: Canada Condemns Cowardly Attacks in Mumbai
- 2008-11-27| Statement by Minister Cannon Further Updating Mumbai Situation
- 2008-11-27| Statement by Minister Cannon Updating Mumbai Situation
- 2008-11-26| Statement by Minister Cannon on Mumbai Attacks
Emergency Operations Centre
- The Operations Centre of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Here is how you can reach the Emergency Operations Centre.
Travel Reports and Warnings
Information on the region
- Date Modified: