- 2014-03-07 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the Situation in Ukraine
- 2014-03-06 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the Situation in Ukraine
- 2014-03-05 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the Situation in Ukraine
- 2014-03-04 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the situation In Ukraine
- 2014-03-03 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the situation in Ukraine
- 2014-03-03 - Prime Minister Stephen Harper calls Ukraine Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 2014-03-02 - Statement by the G-7 Nations
- 2014-03-01 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the situation in Ukraine
- 2014-02-28 - Baird Promotes Territorial Integrity and National Unity in Ukraine
- 2014-02-27 - Canada Welcomes New Government of Ukraine
- 2014-02-25 - PM to send Canadian delegation to Ukraine
- 2014-02-24 - Canada Welcomes Presidential Transition in Ukraine
- 2014-02-22 - Canada Welcomes Political Change Taking Place in Ukraine
- 2014-02-21 - Canada Welcomes Agreement in Ukraine
- 2014-02-20 - Prime Minister Stephen Harper announces additional sanctions against Yanukovych regime
- 2014-02-20 - Ukraine: economic sanctions and expanded travel ban
- 2014-02-18 - Canada to Provide More Medical Supplies to Ukrainians
- 2014-02-18 - Canada Appalled by Renewed Violence in Ukraine
- 2014-02-15 - Canada Welcomes Release of Protesters in Ukraine
- 2014-02-01 - Canada Outraged by Torture of Ukrainian Activist
- 2014-01-28 - Canada Taking Strong Action Against Key Ukrainian Government Officials
- 2014-01-26 - Ambassador Bennett to Hold Media Teleconference from Ukraine
- 2014-01-26 - Ambassador Bennett Concludes Visit to Ukraine
- 2014-01-25 - PM delivers remarks on the situation in Ukraine en Route
- 2014-01-22 - Canada Strongly Condemns Killing of Protesters in Ukraine
- 2014-01-17 - Canada Concerned by Introduction of Anti-Protest Law in Ukraine
- 2013-12-19 - Ambassador Bennett Criticizes Intimidation of University Officials in Ukraine
- 2013-12-11 - Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on developments in Ukraine
- 2013-12-05 - Baird Concludes Visit to Ukraine, Heads to Middle East
- 2013-12-03 - Baird to Visit Ukraine During Protests, Attend OSCE Meeting
- 2013-11-30 - Canada Condemns Use of Force Against Protesters in Ukraine
- 2013-11-27 - Canada to Support Monitoring of Repeat Ukrainian Elections
- 2013-11-22 - Canada Disappointed with Ukraine’s Suspension of Preparations for Ukraine-European Union Agreement
- 2013-08-24 - Baird Attends 22nd Anniversary of Ukrainian Independence Day
- 2013-06-04 - Harper Government meets with Ukrainian-Canadian community to discuss democracy and economic growth
- 2013-04-09 - Canada Welcomes Release of Ukrainian Opposition Leader, Calls for Judicial Reform
- 2013-03-09 - Harper Government supports employment and skills training for students in Ukraine
- 2013-03-04 - Harper Government promotes democracy, rule of law and economic growth in Ukraine
Canada's Response to the Situation in Ukraine
Canada has been among the most vocal in the international community in expressing our disapproval over democratic back-sliding and repression in Ukraine. We remain very concerned about the situation in Ukraine and continue to monitor developments with considerable interest.
We have adopted a policy that balances continued principled engagement with consistent messaging and action to urge the Ukrainian Administration to respect international norms of democracy, freedom, human rights, and the rule of law.
Canada's international development program in Ukraine aims to support Ukrainian efforts toward a free, democratic and prosperous society by advancing democracy and promoting sustainable economic growth for all Ukrainians. Canada works to increase equitable access to justice for women and men, particularly those from marginalized groups. Canada also helps Ukraine to improve the participation of its citizens in public life and decision making, mainly through efforts to build a transparent and fair electoral environment and to strengthen media freedom.
In addition, Canada contributes to increasing sustainable growth of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and farms, particularly those led by women. In this regard, Canada's efforts focus on helping grow small and medium businesses, improving cooperation among SMEs, and fostering an enabling environment for businesses to thrive.
In this time of crisis, Canada is providing medical care for Ukrainian activists through a contribution to a Ukrainian non-governmental organization, including vital supplies, first aid kits and training.
Canada stands in solidarity with the people of Ukraine in their fight for a free and democratic Ukraine.
Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD) advises against all travel to Crimea and advises that if you are presently in Crimea, you should consider leaving while it is safe to do so.
Canadians in #Ukraine: consular services available by appointment at email@example.com or 00-1-613-996-8885— travel.gc.ca (@TravelGoC) March 6, 2014
Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act (Ukraine)
Effective immediately, 18 members of the former Yanukovych regime, members of their families and their close associates have been listed under the Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials Act (Ukraine).
The Act permits the Government of Canada to freeze the assets or restrain property of politically exposed foreign persons at the written request of a foreign state, where the Governor-in-Council has determined that the foreign state is in a state of turmoil or political uncertainty, and where the making of an order or regulation is in the interest of international relations.
This measure is consistent with Canada’s foreign policy priority to promote freedom, democracy, human rights and the rule of law around the world. It enables Canada to fight corruption and support democratic reforms and accountability by ensuring that we can freeze any misappropriated property when the authorities of a foreign state ask us to do so.
For more information, please visit Ukraine and Freezing Assets of Corrupt Foreign Officials (Ukraine) Regulations.
Canadians in Ukraine:
380 (44) 590-3100
613-996-8885 (call collect where available)
Canadians in Canada:
Assistance for Canadians in Ukraine
Connect with the Embassy of Canada to Ukraine
- 2014-03-07 - Baird to Meet with Leaders of Montréal’s Ukrainian Community
- 2014-02-28 - Modification - Baird to Hold Media Availability in Ukraine
- 2014-02-28 - Reminder - Baird to Hold Media Availability in Ukraine
- 2014-02-27 - Baird to Hold Media Availability in Ukraine
- Date Modified: