Nova Scotia is an ideal North American location for a variety of world-leading edge industries. Nova Scotia provides competitive advantages for exporters and investors and has one of the most diverse economies in Canada. We are building strength and capacity in leading sectors that are powering global innovation.
By locating in Nova Scotia, you are making a decision to do business in a province committed to your success. You will be amazed at the unparalleled support you’ll receive from our team of business development specialists who are focused on helping grow your operations here.
- According to KMPG’s Competitive Alternatives 2016 Report, Nova Scotia offers some of the lowest costs for facility leases, utilities and for salary and wages when compared to other North American and European jurisdictions.
- Exporting made easy through CN’s intermodal cargo rail services and through the Port of Halifax, access to the deepest, ice-free port on the eastern seaboard.
- From Nova Scotia, you can do business with Western Europe and across North America on the same work day - saving you money and making it easier to do business.
- R&D tax credits reach as high as 35%.
- The Bay of Fundy moves over 160 billion tonnes of water every tide, which is more than all the freshwater rivers and streams in the world combined. This presents an opportunity for massive power generating potential.
- 10 universities and 13 community college campuses across the province
- Halifax has the highest ratio of educational facilities to population in North America
- In 2014/2015, 7,496 international students were attracted to Nova Scotian universities
- 1 in 3 people in Halifax over the age of 25 has a university degree.
- NSBI’s payroll rebate is a performance-based incentive offered to eligible companies expanding in or locating to Nova Scotia.
- The Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) program promotes and supports the development of unique and advanced skills, knowledge and technological capabilities that will enable your business to better compete in domestic and international markets.
- Nova Scotia offers a digital media tax credit that rivals all others in Canada - making this the ideal place for video game development and interactive media.
- If you're considering establishing or acquiring a business in Nova Scotia, an NSULC may suit your business requirements.