Nova Scotia is an ideal North American location for a variety of leading edge industries. By locating in Nova Scotia, you are making a decision to do business in a province committed to your success. You will be amazed at the unparalleled support you’ll receive from our team of business development specialists who are focused on helping grow your operations here.
- According to KMPG’s Competitive Alternatives 2014 Report, Nova Scotia offers some of the lowest costs for facility leases, utilities and for salary and wages when compared to other North American and European jurisdictions.
- Exporting made easy through CN’s intermodal cargo rail services and access to the deepest, ice-free port on the eastern seaboard, the Port of Halifax.
- From Nova Scotia, you can do business with Western Europe and across North America on the same work day - saving you money and making it easier to do business.
- R&D tax credits reach as high as 35%.
- The Bay of Fundy moves over 160 billion tonnes of water every tide, which is more than all the freshwater rivers and streams in the world combined. This presents an opportunity for massive power generating potential.
- 10 universities and 13 community college campuses across the province
- Halifax has the highest ratio of educational facilities to population in North America
- In 2012/2013, 6,065 international students were attracted to Nova Scotian universities, boasting the third highest concentration of international students among the Canadian provinces with higher levels of concentration than Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec.
- 1 in 3 people in Halifax over the age of 25 has a university degree.
Payroll RebateNSBI’s payroll rebate is a performance-based incentive offered to eligible companies expanding in or locating to Nova Scotia.
R&D Tax CreditsThe Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) program promotes and supports the development of unique and advanced skills, knowledge and technological capabilities that will enable your business to better compete in domestic and international markets.
Digital Media Tax CreditNova Scotia offers a digital media tax credit that rivals all others in Canada - making this the ideal place for video game development and interactive media.
Nova Scotia Unlimited Liability Companies (NSULC)If you're considering establishing or acquiring a business in Nova Scotia, an NSULC may suit your business requirements.