Fredericton: Smart City
Fredericton is the capital city of the province of New Brunswick, Canada
- Startup Capital of Canada with supportive entrepreneurial ecosystem to fuel business
- One of the World's Top 7 Intelligent Communities (2008 and 2009 Intelligent Community Forum)
- One of the most cost-competitive business locations in the Americas! Among the Top 10 in North America (2014 KPMG Competitive Alternatives)
- Number 1 Micro City in the Americas (2013/2014 Cities of the Future - fDi Magazine – Financial Times Ltd.)
- Strategic, central access to Quebec, Ontario, Atlantic, and U.S. markets (I-95) and located in time zone GMT - 3.0 serving European and other markets
- Talent pipeline with two highly acclaimed universities and several training colleges
- First, free wireless city in Canada with Fred-eZone, part of the city-owned fibre optic network – offering the lowest commercial internet rates in Canada!
- No payroll tax, lowest corporate income tax rate in Atlantic Canada, small business investor tax credit, and more
Knowledge IndustryHome to over 70% of the province’s knowledge industry representing ICT, e-learning, largest number of engineers per capita, over 60 R&D organizations including NRC.
Advanced ManufacturingRepresenting printing, metal fabrication, food processing, and value-added wood products.
Aerospace & DefenceIncluding defenced-based land systems, simulation and technology.
Bio Science / TechnologyHome to BioNB, a fast growing sector with companies producing bioprocesses in engineering, technology, medicine and other fields requiring bioproducts.
Connect with Fredericton
- Date Modified: