Global Business Leaders Series – Belgium and Luxembourg
Brussels, October 29 | Antwerp, October 30 | Luxembourg, October 31, 2014
Invest in Canada, in partnership with the Canadian Embassy to the Kingdom of Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and members of the Consider Canada City Alliance (CCCA) brought together senior policy-makers and business leaders from across Canada, Belgium and Luxembourg for an informative discussion highlighting Canada’s unique investment opportunities, particularly in advanced manufacturing, life sciences, and information and communication technologies.
The business outreach program connected with over 70 companies from Belgium and Luxembourg through targeted seminars and held more than 109 one-on-one meetings between Canadian municipal economic development organisations and Belgian and Luxembourgish business executives.
The delegation also had several company site visits in Antwerp and Luxembourg with regional business and financial organizations during the three-day outreach program. A roundtable discussion held with Luxembourg for Finance (LFF) was found to be very worthwhile, underscoring Luxembourg’s position as a financial hub.
- H.E. Denis Robert, Ambassador of Canada to Belgium and Luxembourg
- Pieter Timmermans, CEO, VBO-FEB (Federation of Enterprises, Belgium)
- H.E. the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada
- Glen Hodgson, Senior VP and Chief Economist of The Conference Board of Canada
- Peter Frise, Scientific Director and CEO, Auto 21
- Richard Meadows, COO, Medical Device Commercialization Centre, Networks of Centres of Excellence of Canada
- Christian Reinaudo, President and Chief Executive Officer of Agfa-Gevaert
- Michael Darch, President, Consider Canada City Alliance
- Brigitte Peleman-Vantieghem, CEO, Peleman Industries
- Gregory Rust, Senior Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to the Kingdom of Belgium and to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Christine Leurquin, VP Institutional Relations EMEA, SES