Cleantech in Canada: Leadership, Innovation, Opportunities
September 15, 2016
The Embassy of Canada to Switzerland hosted an informative business session on Canada’s cleantech sector. The invitation-only event stressed on the opportunities for collaboration between Canada and Switzerland in growing the green economy, stimulating resource efficiency, and developing new clean technologies through partnerships, investments, and research.
The event featured distinguished speakers covering the following topics:
- The concrete steps Canada has taken to foster innovation and strengthen its cleantech industry.
- Opportunities for furthering Switzerland’s business and R&D interests and creating strategic partnerships in Canada.
The session included a networking lunch and one-on-one meetings with Canadian speakers and representatives from the provinces of Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia who were on hand to further discuss Canada-Switzerland opportunities in the cleantech sector in their respective regions.
- Opening remarks by H.E. Jennifer MacIntyre, Ambassador of Canada to Switzerland
- Keynote address by Ron Dizy, Managing Director, Advanced Energy Centre, MaRS Discovery District (Toronto, Canada)
- David Avery, Head of Cleantech, Switzerland Global Enterprise
- Daniel Assandri, Senior Vice-President, ABB Group
- Bruno Coulombe, Director, Business Development, Investissement Québec
- Susan Haird, European Trade and Investment Representative, British Columbia
- Angela Spreng, Commercial Officer, Ontario International
- Bernard Lette, Partner, Lette LLP