Global Business Leaders Series - Guangzhou
Canada Investment and Innovation Forum
Invest in Canada in partnership with the Consulate General of Canada in Guangzhou, China brought together business leaders, senior policy makers and key local industry representatives from the Guangdong province, China and Canada for an informative discussion on Canada’s unique investment opportunities in: biotechnology and its application in life sciences, agriculture and agri-food, and bio-products; digital media and entertainment; and innovation with a focus on accelerators and incubators.
Aimed at Chinese corporate decision-makers and influencers seeking overseas investment prospects, this conference provided an opportunity to learn about the diverse range of business opportunities across Canada.
A Canadian delegation comprising members of the Consider Canada City Alliance (CCCA) – a group representing 11 of Canada’s largest cities – participated and met one-on-one with business executives to discuss shovel-ready investment projects across Canada.
- Craig Wright, Chief Economist and Senior Vice President, Royal Bank of Canada
- Dr. Ron Boch, Vice President, Biotechnology and Industry Affairs, BIOTECanada
- Carol A. Stewart, Founder and Past President, Association of University Research Parks (AURP) Canada
- Michael Schmalz, President, Digital Extremes Ltd.
- Robert Y. M. Kwauk, Chief representative, China, & Office Managing Partner, Beijing, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP