Global Business Leaders Series - Madrid
November 25, 2013
Invest in Canada, in partnership with the Embassy of Canada in Spain and members of the Consider Canada City Alliance (CCCA) brought together senior policy-makers and business leaders from Spain and Canada for an informative discussion focused on business prospects in Canada’s robust and open economy.
During the plenary session in Madrid, Juan Rosell Lastortras, President of the Confederation of Employers Organizations of Spain (CEOE), noted that the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) was a significant achievement which would lead to alliances with other regions. Keynote Jean Charest (Partner, McCarthy Tétrault, former Deputy Prime Minister and former Premier of Québec) also highlighted the significance of the CETA, as well as the opportunities that will arise from the almost inevitable opening of an Arctic passage. Jayson Myers, President and CEO of Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (CME) gave a compelling overview of why Canada is such a strong base for investment, which was also reinforced by Bruce Graham, Chair of the CCCA. The session concluded with a panel discussion, with positive testimonials from three Spanish investors In Canada: Acciona, Almirall, and Grupo Elecnor.
Members of the CCCA also met one-on-one with close to 130 business executives in the region to discuss investment opportunities in Canada. Several investment contacts, prospects and leads have been made to date.
- The Honourable Jean Charest, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
- Jayson Myers, President, Canadian Manufacturers & Exporters
- Bruce Graham, Chairman, Consider Canada City Alliance
- Juan Rosell Lastortras, President, Confederation of Employers Organizations of Spain
- Juan Ignacio Entrecanales, Vice-president, Acciona
- Antonio Morales, Senior Director, America, Asia & Africa, Almirall S.A.
- José Castellanos Ybarra, Director, International Development and Investment, Grupo Elecnor
- Miguel Ángel Belloso, Director, Actualidad Económica
For more information: