Global Business Leaders Series - Osaka
February 26, 2014
Invest in Canada, in partnership with the Embassy of Canada in Japan and members of the Consider Canada City Alliance (CCCA) brought together senior policy-makers and business leaders from Osaka, Japan and Canada for an informative discussion highlighting Canada’s unique investment opportunities, particularly in agri-food, information and communication technology, and life sciences.
With a solid banking system, a stable economy, highly skilled workforce, low taxes, and a strong commitment to free and open trade, evidenced by NAFTA, the recently announced Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), and our ongoing participation in both the Trans-Pacific free trade negotiations and bilateral negotiations with Japan, Canada is an excellent investment destination choice for investors.
Members of the Consider Canada City Alliance met one-on-one with business executives in the region to discuss investment opportunities in Canada.
- John Murray, Deputy Governor of the Bank of Canada
- James Christopher, President and CEO, North Plains
- Michael Darch, President, Consider Canada City Alliance
- Richard Meadows, Managing Partner, CTI Life Sciences Fund
- Mark Pickard, President, InfraReady Products
- Hiroaki Tachibana, (Former President of NTN Bearing Corporation of Canada), General Manager, Industrial Aftermarket Department, Aftermarket Business Headquarters
For more information: