Canada’s aerospace producers have a worldwide reputation for outstanding quality, value, performance and reliability.
“ We selected Toronto because it provided us with the highly skilled workers we need—many of them from around the world, which is also an asset—a facility that fit the bill and proximity to our client. ”
Haruhiko Machiyama, President, MHI Aerospace
Canada’s aerospace sector is robust and dynamic; exports account for 80 percent of the industry’s annual revenues of more than $22 billion. Canadian aerospace firms have a long history of innovation and global success, and are suppliers of choice in the global supply chains of leading brands such as Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier and Embraer.
- Canadian firms supply a broad spectrum of products and services , including regional and corporate aircraft, avionics, commercial helicopters, aircraft engines, flight simulation, landing gears and space systems.
- Canada’s aerospace-manufacturing sector employs more than 80,000 people and has achieved impressive gains in productivity in recent years. In fact, from 2000 to 2009 the sector’s productivity growth was four times the average among Canadian manufacturers and was also larger than that recorded by the US aerospace industry.
- Intensive R&D efforts will spur further growth: since 2002, annual R&D investment in the sector grew by 46 percent to reach $1.5 billion in 2010. The Government of Canada supports collaborative R&D to stimulate innovation and adaptability at substantially reduced costs.
- As a member of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) , Canada is well integrated into the North American market, which it serves through a multi-modal transportation system, one of the world’s best.
- Canada provides access to a highly-educated and experienced workforce through its sophisticated industry-specific education and training programs.
Aerospace Investment News – provided by ShiftCentral
2013-11-25 - Ontario's aerospace group comes of age
2013-10-09 - CAE wins $140M in military contracts
2013-04-23 - European aerospace firms to set up in Montreal
Investment Promotion Agencies
Provincial IPAs :
- Alberta Economic Development
- Invest British Columbia
- Invest in Manitoba
- Invest New Brunswick
- Investing in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Invest in Ontario
- Innovation PEI
- Invest Quebec
- Enterprise Saskatchewan
Also see Municipal IPAs
- Date Modified: