For foreign investors in the automotive sector, Canada offers a strategic location in the heart of one of the world’s largest and most lucrative automotive markets. Cutting-edge R&D, unparalleled market access and seamless integration into the Great Lakes automotive supercluster make Canada the ideal choice to drive automotive innovation into the future. In 2013, Canada’s automotive manufacturing sector directly employed over 117,000 workers and generated revenues of $84.7 billion in 2013. Footnote 1
“ This investment is helping us find much needed capacity for global products and securing jobs and it is positioning Oakville, Ontario as one of the most competitive and important facilities in the Ford system ”
Joe Hinrichs, Executive Vice President of the Americas Ford Motor Company
The Automotive Investment Attraction Hub of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
The Automotive Investment Attraction Hub, within Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), will help investors make Canada their choice. The Hub is a customized one-stop shop that provides concierge service to investors considering Canada. Hub service providers research customized answers to a business’ unique questions. The Hub makes sure investors have the information they need, when they need it.
The Hub’s one-window approach simplifies site selection -- a single point of contact where investors can obtain strategic information about Canada’s low business taxes; abundance of science technology, engineering and math (STEM) graduates; automotive innovation funding programs; or any other detail needed to make an informed choice.
Want to know how Canada’s world-class universities can lower R&D costs without sacrificing quality? How Canadian researchers laid the foundation for the neural networks artificial intelligence at the heart of autonomous vehicles? How battery research in Quebec and Nova Scotia is leading the charge to the next level on electric vehicles?
Just ask. ISED’s Automotive Investment Attraction Hub offers investors the research support they need to make the right choice for their company’s future: the Canadian choice.
Make Canada part of your winning formula.
Leading Networks, Research Groups and Support Programs
- AUTO21 Network of Centres of Excellence
- McMaster Institute for Automotive Research and Technology (MacAUTO)
- University of Waterloo’s Centre for Automotive Research (WatCAR)
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology’s (UOIT’s) Automotive Centre of Excellence
- National Research Council Canada (NRC) Automotive and Surface Transportation
- Fraunhofer Project Centre for Composites Research
- Canmet Materials Technology Laboratory
- Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED)
- Automotive Innovation Fund (AIF)
- Advanced Manufacturing Fund (AMF)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)