Canada has significant expertise in a wide range of business services including engineering, human-resources and customer-relationship management, knowledge-process outsourcing, data mining, application development, business continuity and disaster-planning support.
“ Locating in [Canada] gives us access to a bilingual workforce with a strong reputation for quality work, which is essential in our business. ”
Erifili Morfidis, President and CEO, Teleperformance Canada
Canada is a preferred destination for complex and high-value-added information-technology and business-process outsourcing. Canada’s business-services sector generated more than $60 billion worth of revenues in 2011 and employed nearly 1.3 million people–more than seven percent of the country’s total labour force.
- Foreign companies have been a major source of growth in Canada’s business-services industry, and represent nearly 35 percent of Canadian head office and management operations. Between 2003 and 2011, more than 200 foreign companies established greenfield projects in Canada’s business-services sector.
- Thanks to its proximity to—and cultural similarities with—the United States, Canada has been one of the world’s largest suppliers of business process outsourcing (BPO) services since the mid-2000s. Canada’s BPO industry is larger than peers in Mexico, Ireland and China.
- In 2011, A.T. Kearney rated Canada’s business environment as the best in North America for offshoring services and the third-best globally.
- Canada offers among the most attractive corporate income tax levels of any comparable country. Companies locating in Canadian cities pay lower corporate income taxes than they would in the US, Brazil and India.
Invest in Canada - Business Services Investment News
2013-05-28 - San Francisco-based fund administrator Conifer Fund Services
2013-05-26 - Marsh is expanding its Captive Solutions Group by adding 60 jobs
2013-03-25 - Liolios Group, a financial communications firm headquartered in California,
Investment Promotion Agencies
Provincial IPAs :
- Alberta Economic Development
- Invest British Columbia
- Invest in Manitoba
- Invest New Brunswick
- Investing in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- Invest in Ontario
- Innovation PEI
- Invest Quebec
- Enterprise Saskatchewan
Also see Municipal IPAs
- Date Modified: