Canada has one of the strongest financial services sectors in the world, comprised of banks, trust and loan companies, insurance companies, credit unions, securities dealers, finance and leasing companies, pension fund managers, mutual fund companies and independent insurance agents and brokers. The Canadian banking system was ranked the soundest in the world by the World Economic Forum for seven years in a row.Footnote 1
“ We are thrilled to be part of Kitchener-Waterloo’s thriving and talented tech community… We’re excited by how much more we can do to empower local sellers by establishing a Square office in Kitchener and deepening our commitment to the country. ”
Demetrios Marantis, Head, International Policy and Regulatory Affairs at Square
Leading Networks, Research Groups and Organizations
- Capital Markets Institute, Financial Research and Trading Lab and International Centre for Pension Management, Rotman School of Management (University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario)
- Research in Responsible Business, Schulich School of Business (York University, Toronto, Ontario)
- Desmarais Global Finance Research Centre, Desautels Faculty of Management (McGill University, Montréal, Quebec)
- Ben Graham Centre for Value Investing, Richard Ivey School of Business (University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario)
- KPMG Research Bureau in Financial Reporting; Phillips, Hager & North Centre for Financial Research, and Bureau of Asset Management, Sauder School of Business (University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C.)
- Waterloo Research Institute in Insurance, Securities and Quantitative Finance (University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario)
- TFSA Centre of Excellence in financial services education, Toronto Financial Services Alliance (Toronto, Ontario)
- IFC Montréal – IFC Benefits
- Advantage BC - International Business Activity program
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED)
- Export Development Canada (EDC)
- Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Footnote 1
World Economic Forum. The Global Competitiveness Report 2014-2015,/em>.
- Footnote 2
TMX Group Limited. TMX Group Equity Exchanges Ranked First in the World for Number of New Listings in 2012, Third in the World for Equity Capital Raised, 2013
- Footnote 3
KPMG. Competitive Alternatives Report, 2014.
Find an AdvisorFind an advisor in one of our 174 locations.
- Date Modified: