Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Icelandic Foreign Minister
January 15, 2013 - Reykjavik - The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, Minister of the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency and Minister for the Arctic Council, meets with Össur Skarphéđinsson, Iceland’s Minister for Foreign Affairs and External Trade.
The ministers discussed Canada’s Arctic Council (AC) chairmanship priorities as well as Canadian and Icelandic perspectives on the range of issues before the AC, including Northern economic and social development.
The overarching theme of Canada’s chairmanship, Development for the People of the North, contains three key sub-themes: Responsible Arctic Resource Development, Safe Arctic Shipping, and Sustainable Circumpolar Communities.
Minister Aglukkaq is visiting Iceland, Denmark, Finland and Norway in advance of Canada’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council, which begins in May 2013.
- 2013-01-21 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian State Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- 2013-01-20 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Indigenous Representatives at Arctic Frontiers Conference
- 2013-01-18 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Finnish Foreign Minister
- 2013-01-17 - Minister Aglukkaq Met with Danish Foreign Minister and Premier of Greenland
- 2013-01-15 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Icelandic Foreign Minister
- Date Modified: