Minister Aglukkaq Met with Danish Foreign Minister and Premier of Greenland
January 17, 2013 - Copenhagen - The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, Minister of the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency and Minister for the Arctic Council, met with Villy Søvndal, Denmark’s Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Kuupik Kleist, Premier of Greenland.
They discussed the themes for Canada’s upcoming two-year chairmanship of the Arctic Council and the challenges and opportunities for sustainable Arctic development.
The overarching theme of Canada’s chairmanship, Development for the People of the North, contains three key sub-themes: Responsible Arctic Resource Development, Safe Arctic Shipping, and Sustainable Circumpolar Communities.
Minister Aglukkaq is visiting Iceland, Denmark, Finland and Norway in advance of Canada’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council.
- 2013-01-21 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian State Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- 2013-01-20 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Indigenous Representatives at Arctic Frontiers Conference
- 2013-01-18 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Finnish Foreign Minister
- 2013-01-17 - Minister Aglukkaq Met with Danish Foreign Minister and Premier of Greenland
- 2013-01-15 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Icelandic Foreign Minister
- Date Modified: