Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Finnish Foreign Minister
January 18, 2013 - Helsinki - The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, Minister of the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency and Minister for the Arctic Council, meets with Erkki Tuomioja, Finland’s Minister of Foreign Affairs.
They discussed the themes for Canada’s upcoming two-year chairmanship of the Arctic Council.
The overarching theme of Canada’s chairmanship, Development for the People of the North, contains three key sub-themes: Responsible Arctic Resource Development, Safe Arctic Shipping, and Sustainable Circumpolar Communities.
Canada’s chairmanship will put Northerners first. Initiatives will reflect the views and expertise of the people on the ground and will benefit Northerners across the circumpolar region.
Minister Aglukkaq is visiting Iceland, Denmark, Finland and Norway in advance of Canada’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council.
- 2013-01-21 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian State Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- 2013-01-20 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Indigenous Representatives at Arctic Frontiers Conference
- 2013-01-18 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Finnish Foreign Minister
- 2013-01-17 - Minister Aglukkaq Met with Danish Foreign Minister and Premier of Greenland
- 2013-01-15 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Icelandic Foreign Minister
- Date Modified: