Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian State Secretary of Foreign Affairs
January 21, 2013 - Tromsø, Norway - The Honourable Leona Aglukkaq, Minister of Health, Minister of the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency and Minister for the Arctic Council (right), meets with Carl Bildt, Sweden’s Minister of Foreign Affairs (centre), and Torgeir Larsen, Norwegian State Secretary (Deputy Minister) to the Minister of Foreign Affairs (left).
They discussed the challenges and opportunities for sustainable Arctic development, and shared perspectives on how best to ensure that the Arctic’s future is in the hands of Northerners.
“As a proud Inuk from Nunavut, I am passionate about working closely with people across the Arctic,” said Minister Aglukkaq. “Through Canada’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council, Canada will champion initiatives that benefit Northerners and communities throughout the circumpolar region.”
Minister Aglukkaq is visiting Iceland, Denmark, Finland and Norway in advance of Canada’s chairmanship of the Arctic Council.
- 2013-01-21 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Swedish Minister of Foreign Affairs and Norwegian State Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- 2013-01-20 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Indigenous Representatives at Arctic Frontiers Conference
- 2013-01-18 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Finnish Foreign Minister
- 2013-01-17 - Minister Aglukkaq Met with Danish Foreign Minister and Premier of Greenland
- 2013-01-15 - Minister Aglukkaq Meets with Icelandic Foreign Minister
- Date Modified: