Minister Fast Announces Two New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation’s Board of Directors
January 20, 2014 - Ottawa - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada
The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade, today announced the appointment of Daniela Bassan and Nicole Verkindt to the Board of Directors of the Canadian Commercial Corporation (CCC).
The new board members join CCC for three-year appointments.
- Established in 1946, CCC connects foreign government buyers with Canadian expertise through the negotiation and execution of government-to-government legal arrangements.
- CCC focuses on sectors where there is a clear role for government, such as defence and security.
- CCC reports to Parliament through the Minister for International Trade.
“I am pleased that Ms. Bassan and Mrs. Verkindt have joined the board. The broad and deep experience these two businesswomen bring to the Canadian Commercial Corporation will ensure that it continues to help Canadian firms grow and prosper in priority markets around the world. Our government understands that when world-class Canadian businesses succeed abroad, jobs and opportunities are created right here at home.” - Ed Fast, Minister of International Trade
- Minister Fast Announces New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation Board of Directors, February 20, 2013
- Minister Fast Announces New Appointments to Canadian Commercial Corporation’s Board of Directors, December 18, 2012
- Harper Government Launches New International Trade Plan, November 27, 2013
Office of the Honourable Ed Fast
Minister of International Trade
- Date Modified: